5 Summer Travel Tips
It's time to start thinking about your Summer travel plans. Maybe you're headed on a family vacation to the beach, or maybe you're looking to explore a new city on a solo trip. No matter what your Summer travel plans include, we've got five tips that will help you make the most out of your vacation time leaving you feeling rested, relaxed and rejuvenated.
1. Be Flexible: when planning a vacation during the Summer months you have to have some flexibility. Hotels book up fast and airline prices skyrocket during these popular travel times. Being flexible on your travel dates can save you headache and money. Opt for traveling in the middle of the week instead of the weekend, or wait until after Labor Day to snag some deals.
2. Do Research: when traveling it's always good to do your research. You can often find cheaper flights or deals on hotels by comparing websites and using apps such as Hopper. It's also good to do your research on local events happening in the city you're going to. Things like festivals, big sporting events or annual festivities can drive up the price of hotels and flights as well as cause bad traffic.
3. Get Comfortable: travel in the Summer can be hot and tiring. Make the most out of your travel time by making sure you and your family have everything you need to be comfortable. Maybe that means bringing pillows from home for the hotel or utilizing eyemasks and neck pillows for the flight. If you're headed on a road trip this summer make sure you have adequate back support so you don't end up with aches and pains that ruin the trip.
4. Take the Scenic Route: popular Summer travel destinations can get crowded and congested. Opting for backroads during road trips, out of the way exploring and accommodations away from the heart of things can sometimes give you the best memories and won't leave you feeling tense from sitting in traffic.
5. Get Organized: traveling during the busy season, especially with kids can be hectic. Make sure you're organized for your trip long before you ever leave the house. Utilize packing guides and checklists to make sure you have everything you need and brush up on these 9 tips for getting through the airport faster.
Find all your Summer travel essentials as well as essentials for sleep, rest and relaxation at Bucky.com!